I received my first Conscious Box Plus shipment the other day and must share my first box reaction with my readers!
Conscious Box helps you discover healthier choices through 3 different types of boxes: Classic, Vegan, & Gluten Free. I selected Classic, and this is my first box:
- ITO-EN Black Tea Latte (retails for $.75 per bottle)
- Spatone Purabsorb Iron .67 fl oz(retail equivalent .67 per serving)
- Crystal Deodorant Towelettes (retail equivalent .41 per wipe)
- Weleda Replenishing Shampoo & Conditioner .34 oz each (retail equivalent .58 per packet, each)
- Ecover Dishwasher Tablets 2-pack (retail equivalent $.50)
- Nordic Naturals Omega Boost .34 fl oz (retail equivalent $.88)
- Natraia Dry Skin Lotion .1 fl oz (retail equivalent $.08)
- Plum Organics Kids Fruit & Veggie Shredz (retail equivalent $.90)
- Smith & Vandiver Bath Bomb (retails for $3)
- Vintage Italia Pasta Chips: Alfredo 2oz (retails for $1.79)
Total Value of the May Box: $10.14
Cost of Box (monthly): $19.95
I am completely disappointed in the value of this box. Sure, it comes with coupons but the value of the coupons should not be considered towards the value of the box. Conscious Box advertises sample tubes and generous servings (check out their homepage) but it is such a deception! Almost all of my samples were foil packets and as you can see, pretty low in value. Thankfully I only paid $7 and change with the Living Social deal, but I do not have a dishwasher or a bathtub so those items are completely useless to me. If I had paid full price for this subscription, I would be canceling immediately.
Also, Conscious Box has a retail section--but NONE of the products I received in my box are available for purchase on their page. They offer 10 points per review and 100 points = $1 off a purchase, but I do not see myself buying any of the extremely expensive products they offer for purchase that I will not receive samples of in my boxes. It just seems like they receive samples from random companies to send out to customers without the intent of sending items that would promote purchasing from their website.
I have seen a preview of my May II box (thanks for the unwanted spoiler, Conscious Box) and I am not sure that this next one will be any better, but stay tuned for the outcome!